Update September 5th, 2022:
Chile and Argentina have both reopened for travel. Please check the entry requirements for each country below.
If you’re planning a trek in Patagonia please plan for the following covid related procedures.
Chile Entry Procedures
- Chile has relaxed its travel requirements and travelers are only required to show proof of vaccination to enter the country.
- If you’re not vaccinated you must show a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours of departure.
Full Details: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/
Argentina Entry Procedures
- Like Chile, Argentina does not require any form making traveling extremely easy in the region.
- You’re not required to have a COVID-19 test or be vaccinated to enter the country.
Note: The land borders between Chile and Argentina reopened on May 1st, 2022.
We are closely monitoring the situation in Chile and Argentina and will be updating this blog post on a regular basis as new information becomes available. We take our guest’s safety very seriously and always recommend following US State Department and CDC travel guidelines. Current Situation in Chile and Argentina:
You can see Chile and Argentina’s current visa requirements and update on their websites:
Chile Visa Information: https://chile.gob.cl/chile
Argentina Visa Information: https://cnyor.cancilleria.gob.ar/en/visas-2
If circumstances prevent this we will share that information and work with any guests whose trips are impacted by any new or ongoing travel restrictions.
There are several factors we are encouraging our guests to consider while they plan their trip:
1) Flight Changes – With the travel restrictions in place many airlines are offering free cancellation or adjustments for your flights if your travel dates are impacted. Please check the terms on your ticket and consider getting supplemental travel insurance to cover any delays or cancellations if this situation impacts your trip.
We recommend watching your flight plan closely for any updates, and please keep us advised of your current flight status so we can arrange your airport pickup. You can call our 24/7 support number (+1 385 297 0396) with any last minute changes.
2) Travel Insurance – We recommend an insurance policy that covers trip interruption or changes to your international flights. Some insurance companies offer a Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) upgrade for an additional cost that may be worth the money. Keep in mind that your travel insurance will not cover your cancellation without a valid reason.
3) Covid Test Requirements – Some airlines may require proof of a Covid-19 negative test result. Please contact your airline before travelling and verify any requirements.
We now have cruise dates up online for 2022 and 2023 We currently expect that these cruises will run on schedule.
PatagoniaHero Rescheduling Policy: We understand that it’s a challenging time to travel and that the situation is changing rapidly. We are allowing all guests to reschedule for next season free of charge subject to availability and with advance notice of at least 60 days.
To check our entire policy view our: Terms of Service
It can be hard to plan for an international trip while conditions are uncertain, but we are happy to help with any questions you have. We have been leading tours in Torres del Paine for over 3 years and elsewhere around the world for more than 7. Our team is experienced in managing logistics and ensuring our guests are safe and comfortable during situations like this.